I’ve always enjoyed looking at other peoples workspaces, so here is my workspace show and tell.
What is in the picture (top to bottom):
- Logitech C310 HD Webcam - Decent value and quality. You might only use it once in a while but a webcam is a must if you have a desktop computer.
- Acer S240HLbid 24’’ LED Monitor - This is a really slim and light monitor, perfect if you move around a lot. It has two digital inputs (HDMI and DVI) which is a plus if you want to run two computers or just to hook up a Raspberry Pi.
- Potted Plant - Bring the outdoors in!
- Anglepoise Lamp - I find a lamp is mush easier on the eyes compared to lighting the whole room.
- Creative T20 Speakers - I’m no audiophile but these speakers sound pretty good to me.
- Half Finished Arduino Project - Some day I’ll get around to finishing it.
- Apple Mac Mini - I decided to go with a desktop computer when I was last upgrading. The mac mini is unobtrusive and much more reasonably priced than the MacBooks. I’ve upgraded it with an additional 250GB SSD (used as a boot partition, leaving the HDD for file storage) and 16GB ram.
- Logitech MX Wireless Mouse - Although a bit pricey this mouse is incredibly comfortable. I’ve had a few issues with it tracking on glossy surfaces, but apart from that it is by far my favourite mouse (even more than my work mouse).
- Apple Wireless Keyboard - You either love this low profile minimalist Apple keyboard or you hate it… I love it!
- Wacom Bamboo Graphics Tablet - I don’t use this as often as I’d like but it’s nice to have it there if I need to do any graphics or photo editing.
What isn’t in the picture:
- Synology DS211j NAS - Two 4TB WD Red HDD in RAID 1 allow me to backup all my photos, music and videos and access them from the internet. Also works with Apples Time Machine for full computer backups.
- ASUS RT-AC66U Gigabit WLAN Router - This is a seriously robust and feature full router. I’ve updated it to Merlin’s firmware which offers quicker bug fixes and a few nice additional features (OpenVPN and the ability to turn off status lights on the router being the main ones I use).